Southern Pacific train symbol APLAA (Auto Parts West) at Harwood, Texas

You are in the CarrTracks website Picture Gallery.

Harwood was founded in 1874 when the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway built through the area. The town was named for Thomas Moore Harwood, who came to Texas in 1850 and started a law practice in Gonzales in 1853. The Gonzales branch was built in 1882. The branch line was sold to the Texas, Gonzales and Northern Railway in 1992.

The local stops at Harwood, TX

Train 83, the Glidden to San Antonio local (Extra 3871 West) pauses to do some switching at Harwood on December 13, 1977. That is the Gonzales branch swinging off to the right. After backing the whole train onto the branch, the crew is down on the ground to give a respectable salute to Extra 9080 West (train symbol APLAA - formerly the APW - Auto Parts West). Disk 101

Southern Pacific train symbol APLAA (Auto Parts West) at Harwood, Texas

← SP Symbol History