SP 5318, N&W 1348, and SP 5303 at Bremond, TX

You are in the CarrTracks website Picture Gallery.

Bremond was named for Paul Bremond who helped incorporate the Galveston and Red River Railroad. It began construction in 1855. However, the legislature changed the name of the railroad to Houston and Texas Central in 1856. Paul Bremond served as president until the line was north of Hempstead. The railroad came through Bremond in 1869.

SP 5318, N&W 1348, and SP 5303 at Bremond, TX

SP 5318, N&W 1348, and SP 5303 at Bremond on August 19, 1978. There is only one train order arm at the station at Bremond since this southbound train is entering a 21 mile segment of CTC between here and Hearne. A short section of CTC was installed between Hearne and Seger in 1956 and extended to Bremond in 1963. For many years, this section of CTC was controlled from the depot in Hearne. In 1994 the CTC was extended north 11 miles to Kosse. Disk 100