You are in the CarrTracks website Picture Gallery.

C&NW piggyback train symbol 248 near Cedar Rapids, Iowa

C&NW train symbol 244 near Cedar Rapids, Iowa

There is a nice highway bridge over the tracks east of Cedar Rapids on US 151 near the little community of Bertram. Train 244 had engines 5054, 5060, and 5062 on June 21, 1980. A year earlier train 244 was the "Salad Bowl" and this train had symbol 250.

C&NW piggyback train symbol 248 near Cedar Rapids, Iowa C&NW caboose on piggyback train symbol 248 near Cedar Rapids, Iowa

A short time later train 248 goes by with engines 5066, 5058, and 5053. Train 248 became the NPWST (Wood Street Falcon) in 1981 and became the NPCSV (North Platte Canal Street Vans) July 1, 1985. The train left Fremont at 630AM and arrived in Chicago that evening at 745PM. The train handled TOFC, mail, and UPS traffic with a good 3 horsepower per ton ratio. In 1958, C&NW planned to install an automatic interlocking on the Cedar River bridge near Cedar Rapids and remove the mechanical interlocker at Otis, IA. Disk 78