You are in the CarrTracks website Picture Gallery.
The Louisiana and North West Railroad used to be a time capsule of old time railroading. The L&NW built into McNeil in 1898. The L&NW was acquired by Patriot Rail Corporation (a railroad holding company) in June 2008. On May 9, 1978 three engines rest in the sun at Gibsland, LA waiting for the next run up to McNeil, AR.
On October 21, 1978 engines 46, 49, and 48 are making up the days train for the run down to Gibland, LA. After a few switch moves the crew starts waiting on the SSW train out of Texarkana to deliver the rest of their train. Engine 46 was SP F7 6378. It came to the L&NW in June 1969.
Engine 48 was T&NO F7 379. It came to the L&NW in 1974. Behind it is engine 49. It was WP FP7 805A and came to the L&NW in 1976. It returned to California in 1986 and has been repainted by the Portola Railroad Museum. Disk 97